- Single Dish Summer School 202220 Dec, 2021
- F Region Electric Field Effects on the Intermediate Layer Dynamics During the Evening Prereversal Enhancement at Equatorial Region Over Brazil16 Dec, 2021
- Announcing a Change in Leadership of the Florida Space Institute16 Dec, 2021
- AO Scientist studies Near-Sun Asteroid 2005 UD polarimetric comparison with asteroids and meteorites15 Dec, 2021
- Near-Earth Asteroid 1999 KW4 Moshup: Planetary Defense Characterization Exercise15 Dec, 2021
- AO Scientist Contribute to European Pulsar Timing Array: Gravitational Wave Background Study15 Dec, 2021
- The Arecibo Observatory’s Big Data Program: Award Winning Preservation of AO’s Historic Dataset15 Dec, 2021
- Topical Symposium: Science and Discoveries at Arecibo Observatory 15 Dec, 2021
- Arecibo Observatory Restarts Radio Astronomy Observations15 Dec, 2021
- Beating the Noise: Arecibo and Green Bank Telescopes Detect Faint Signals from Cold Clouds in our Galaxy15 Dec, 2021
- Abrupt Change in one of the Most Precisely-Time Pulsars14 Dec, 2021
- Air Pollution Concentration Study14 Dec, 2021
- Arecibo Scientists investigate variability of Blazar J1415+132014 Dec, 2021
- Arecibo Observatory at the 239th AAS Meeting14 Dec, 2021
- Detection of the YORP Effect on the contact-binary (68346) 2001 KZ66 from combined radar and optical observations14 Dec, 2021
- AO Radar Data Used to Study NASA Mission Target Asteroid (16) Psyche14 Dec, 2021
Byadmin05 February 2020 Astronomy
This year the Arecibo and Green Bank Observatories will conduct virtual Observer Training Workshops between October 13th and 16th. The Arecibo observer training workshop will be held on Oct 15th and 16th, 2020, with the Green Bank training taking place on Oct 13th and 14th.
This is a great opportunity for graduate students and Astronomers to be trained to remotely use the Arecibo and Green Bank telescopes and process the data.
Check the most updated schedule here
Use the following link to find the instructions on how to connect to the session and which tools will be used for the workshop.
Registration pages are now open! We invite you to attend both workshops, but you must register for each workshop separately. You may also register for only one of the workshops if it better suits your interests.
NOTE: Participants who register for pulsar may be asked to choose a different topic, as these projects are filling quickly.
Due to the continued health threat and uncertainty caused by the coronavirus COVID-19, there will be no annual in-person AO/GBO Single Dish Workshop in 2020. We plan to continue the Single Dish Workshop in 2021.
AO Media Contact
Keywords: UCF, AO, Arecibo, Radio, Telescope, Green, Bank, Observatory